With blindmate we want to create an open, exciting and positive platform to meet new people. The prerequisite for this is that everyone on our platform feels respected and secure. We do our best to create such an atmosphere and ask you to support us by
- Reporting inappropriate behaviour by other users to us. You can use the "Report User" function in the app or contact email@example.com
Safety on our services
- Protect your data. You can enter an address when setting up your search (it doesn't have to be your exact place of residence), which won't be visible even to your friends. Never share information such as your place of residence or work, family name, favourite pub, gym, or bank account details with strangers.
- Protect your account (make sure that no one else can access it). We will also not send you any messages asking for your login details. We do not send any emails (except to reply to yours), and we will only send you access codes to login once via SMS.
- Do not send money to anyone - this is not only forbidden within our services, but also almost always fraud.
- Report inappropriate profiles or inappropriate behaviour, in particular:
- Underage users
- Racism, sexism, abuse, oppression, hatred, terrorism, extremism, fanaticism, other illegal activities
- users asking for money
- Commercial activity (e.g. advertising)
- Fraudulent profiles with obviously false information (e.g. pictures showing other people)
- Other content that you consider inappropriate or that falls under the prohibited content
Security when you meet new people in real life
We hope that you not only make new contacts within our app, but that they also find their way into the real world. Without assuming that all people have bad intentions, please always be careful, use common sense and trust your gut feeling. We have also summarised a few basic tips here:
- Meet new people preferably in a public place
- Let your friends and/or family know in advance where and when you will meet someone
- Make sure that you can stay independent of your date, i.e. that you can pay for yourself and get there or back on your own
- Keep an eye on your drinks
- Keep an eye on your personal belongings
- Know and respect your own limits
- Go when you feel uncomfortable - it takes courage and is never a sign of weakness
Sexual health and consent
We hope the following tips will not surprise you: Know your own health status and protect yourself and the other person by using condoms. And, very fundamentally and before you get down to business: Consent is a prerequisite for any form of intimate physical contact. Talk about it.
We hope that you never get into an unpleasant situation. Should this happen in connection with our services, please (and gladly!) contact us at any time. Under Settings > Contact blindmate in chat or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will help you as best we can.